Today is my Day

• My life has been one event after another and one excuse to follow that. I had a very rough childhood, from my mom and sister dying to my dad spending time in prison. The only way that my family knew how to comfort was by eating and so we Ate. we ate everything from huge steaks to fried chicken from fastfood to a huge sweet tooth. I never understood portion control or healthy eating. When I was a sophmore in high school I weighed over 185 and was so depressed that I would fake being sick just so I didnt have to go to school. When I was 16 I moved to michigan and in with some cousins, there I learned some healthy habits, but I wasnt doing them for me but for my family. I thought by being thin I would fit in better and they would really love me more. When you do something for someone else and not for yourself its not as meaningful and the weight just came back on. Now I am going to be 25 years old in September and I am almost 200 pounds!!!! 199.8 to be exact! This is not working for me. I feel depressed and unloveable even though I have a great boyfriend and amazing family and friends. But this time I am doing this for me!!!! I am changing me from the inside out and so YES Body for life.... I accept your challenge!!! and I plan on rocking out and changing me.

So this is where you guys play in.... I am asking from the depths of my heart PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE challenge me. I need to be held accountable. I have never finished anything in my life and this is not going to be the case. I plan on finishing but please help be my support.

Thank you, NIKI

“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” ~Harry f. Banks

• First off let me start by saying this...

Your past does contribute to who you are...However it does not dictate who you will become.

YOU must first and foremost hold yourself accountable.  You must honor your self promise to do this no matter what obstacles or excuses you want to dig up, remember it's on you to follow through.

Dig deep and embrace the person inside you that wants to come out.  Through thick and thin, give it your all.

Now...move your butt ;o)

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• NIKI,

I am a 27 year old female and I gained a lot of weight after my dad died. I was 240 pounds.  I am now down to 225 (without BFL).  I know this is going to be hard for both of us, but you are correct...doing this for yourself is key.  I too have tried to loose weight before.  This is the first time I am in 100%. I have not been doing this for long (one week and two days to be exact), but I think the hardest part is making the decision to do this and starting.  I didn't know what to do when I walked in the gym and was sure everyone was going to be watching me.  I determined I was not going to let this bother me.  This week has been the best in my life for a while.  I can't believe how great I feel and I look forward to the gym.  I also knew that I would need to be held accountable and that is why I joined a group that started the same time I did.  They have been great!!  You may have some snags along the way, but I have faith this is going to be the first thing you finish.  Best of luck to you!!!

• Thank you Megan and champster. I am excited about this but I'm also scared. I took my pictures and measurements tonight and I wanted to cry. I could not believe that I had allowed myself to get so big. looking at the pictures, especially of my back made me want to vomit!!! It was an even bigger wake up call. I am for sure going to follow through and I must do this. Thanks for the words of encouragement and good luck with your own goals. Keep me posted :)

“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” ~Harry f. Banks

• just take it one day at a time and try your best to plan each day. You CAN do this!!!

• Hi

Yesterday was my first time in the wt. room at my local YMCA.

I just walked in with my head held high and holding my little book where I jot down the exercises, reps etc.

Let me tell you everyone has there own agenda there, get in an get out.

I just acted like I knew what I was doing and moved along.

I felt great afterwards!!

• Great job Florabelle!

• One day at a time. Give it all you got during your workout and focus on your eating and you will soon be a different person. My days of deprssion and moodswings are so much better when I focus on my health and heal myself from the inside out.....good for you for taking charge of your life. I am proud of you.