6 meals= 1600?

• I have been tracking my calories and it turns out that I am eating around 1600 calories per day if I am eating 6 times a day. I am 5'4 and have to lose at least 30 pounds I'm around 169 plus I have hypothrodism and pre-diabetes. Can I lose weight on this many calories a day? I do all the required exercises as well 6 times a week. I have already gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I also took my measurements. I thought you should eat 1400 to lose a pound a week as my body burns around 1860 calories per day. Here is what I eat on a normal day: Ps. I cant eat gluten or dairy but cottage cheese seems to be okey

Meal 1-Gluten free cereal plus 1/2 soy milk and 3 egg whites

Meal 2-peach, cottage cheese 1/2 cup

Meal 3-Salad, Rice bread 1 piece and 2 eggs or Tuna

Meal 4-Banana, Cottag cheese

Meal 5-Rice chicken and veggies

Meal 6-Cottage Cheese, strawberries

• I read once on a website regarding caloric intake that if you can't lose weight on 1500 calories a day then you need to get up and move more.  I've kind of tried to stick to that theory.  I eat anywhere from 1400-1600 calories a day.  I'm 5'4" and currently 127lbs.  

Looking at your meals see some issues.  There are several foods that are not on the approved foods list (peach, rice bread, , banana).  Perhaps your health issues might be the reason for that but the foods on the approved list are very specific for a reason.  

Here is a sample of my meals....maybe it might help for some ideas.

Meal 1 - Oatmeal and Protein Powder

Meal 2 - Apple and Cottage Cheese

Meal 3 - Low Carb WW wrap w/grilled chicken, baby carrots

Meal 4 - strawberries drizzled with fat free vanilla yogurt and cottage cheese

Meal 5 - Grilled Talapia, brown and wild rice, green beans

Meal 6 - Protein shake smoothie w/frozen strawberries.

Hope that helps!  I know the first few weeks were a learning process for me.  Good luck!  You can do it!

• Fit-Check out Hussmanfitness.com  Has some great info on everything revolving around Body for Life. Calories(which we aren't supposed to worry about, but sometimes you have to!) should be around 1200-1400, never below 1200...I believe that is what it says on the site...

Also, there is a bit of a weight gain at the beginning...I will try to find the newbies/wt. gain thread and bump it up to the beginning of the forum.

All my best to you!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...