Protein Pudding

• So I have trying the different protein pudding recipes that fellow BFLers have posted. The simple 2 scoops of powder, 2 cups of skim milk, and a packet of sf, ff, pudding was too sweet or two proteiny (if that's a word) and I couldn't finish it.

Then I tried the cottage cheese version with 1 and 1/2 cups of cottage cheese, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/4 cup of skim milk and 1 packet of sf, ff pudding. This was WAY to thick and sweet but less of the protein powder taste.

So I modified the recipe a smidgen... please tell me if this is ok or if I messed it up into an unhealthy snack...

I cut the cottage cheese and increased the milk. I put 1 cup of cottage cheese and 3/4 cup of milk, 1 scoop of protein powder and 1 packet of sf, ff pudding.

Did I mess the ratio up too badly?? Because after making this, it was the most perfect consistency and awesome taste.

~Autumn

Chocolate Covered Broccoli

• Not sure about the ration but your post did make me think of Goldie locks lol. Sounds like a good recipe hopefully so one can help you out :0)

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• I use sugar free/fat free banana pudding with the milk and vanilla protein powder.  It doesn't taste weird at all.  It's very good actually!

• Autumn,  

Look at your labels for each of the three items, and add up exactly how many grams of carbs and how many grams of protein were in your recipe.  Of course, if this was for two servings, divide by two.  Let us know how many grams of carbs and protein were in a serving of your pudding.  

Julie

• Autumn,

Numbers wise you have hit a homer with this recipe.  I added it up using Breakstone's fat free cottage cheese, skim milk, myoplex protein powder and the ff sf pudding (cheesecake flavor).  I get a total of 448 calories, 53g carbs and 53g protein... taken as 2 servings that is 224 calories, 26.5g carbs and 26.5g protein per serving.  A perfect snack.  If you use reduced fat cottage cheese it will increase the numbers only slightly but at only 224 calories per serving there is room to add.  I will give it a try this week after I finish the 2 servings I have sitting in the refrigerator now.  Thanks for experimenting and please keep us informed of any other concoctions.  Variety really helps.

Mark

• Thanks Mark!!! That makes me feel good. I know its easy to turn something we think is healthy into something not so great.

Chocolate Covered Broccoli