Hi BFL Family,
So I've been lurking around since yesterday and decided I'd take stock of what I see are positive changes to the sight.
1) I now have a spell checker, so I don't get my cart before my horse.
2) I can start a thread in any of the catagories about the topic that I want to discuss i.e. pull-up bars.
3) I've had to come out of my comfort zone and learn something new. See you can teach an old dog new tricks.
4) I can bold, italic and change my color without being an HTML wiz kid.
5) All of my old guestbook friends are finding their way around and realizing just what this community means to each of them.
6) Where there is a will, there is a way.
7) I've seen Champions posting more since the launch of the site.
8) We can have a conversation in a private forum.
9) The 2008 Champions videos are up.
10) All of the things we've been asking for in the old site, we've gotten in the new site.
Lets take it upon ourselves to find all of the new positives and share them with one another so that we can all learn in one thread how to move this bus forward!
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford
Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory
I second that Amen sista!
Keep the faith!
Faithful Renee :0)
The fact that there is Actually a FORUM that is not only SOLEY Devoted to BFL, but visited often daily by those that have had Success and willing to share their Knowledge to a new guy is AMAZING!
Amen, Amen, Amen!! :0)
Michelle-you mentioned a private forum...is that the conversations tab?? We tried that last night, but it wasn't like instant msg...
* Renee figured out how to post pics so we both now have our progress pics up on our bio pages!
DebMO :0) Blessed to be a Blessing...
Chip...Seriously...you're not the NEW guy! You're mi amigo! You've got computer skills. We need those around here right now. See, two way street. :0)
Go Chipster go! Woot!
And as to the messaging, yes, it isn't intant messaging but it sure beats leaving the site to check an email address you know?
Spill it Chipster, share with the masses on adding pics. Pay it forward folks, help a brother or sister out.
LOL well helps to be in the Computer Field. Help to keep the system running at work, and spend a little time on the Forum helping where I can.
Now to get Abbott to add a Conversation Notifier on the Main Forums page would be Wonderful :)
There is your thread...Site suggestions.... I have one of my own.
OK Michelle will go there for sure as I have a few of them on my list :)
Chipster don't forget to share with us how to add progress pics to our bio's.
Michelle, go to your bio page, click edit page. Then after your "story", click on the little filmstrip icon, it will say add media, then you can browse for your pics and upload them there.
You can make the pics smaller by clicking on the pics then cropping from the sides.
Then hit Save changes...
Hope it works for you Champ!! :0)
© Abbott Laboratories,2013