Help?/Advice

• Hi everyone,

I'm new here and was just wondering if I could get some advice? I'm someone who, I am sure like many people has done endless diet programs or different exercise programs over my 36 years. Recently, even though I mentally knew it was not the right thing - desperate to change the way I looked I did a "dr. guided" shake program. It worked, if we count getting smaller and losing fat as working - but keeping myself on 600 calories a day (with appetite suppressants and shakes) I am sure KILLED my metabolism.

I finally stopped the shakes about 8 weeks (maybe more) ago, and have been trying to eat in a manner that helped me when I felt best. That's namely vegetarian (I do eat fish), and no dairy (dairy just upsets my stomach too much). I have avoided white flour and sugars, etc. Of course, the weight/fat has come back and its frustrating. I've been doing the couch to 5k running program (I'm in week 5 - 2nd time around) and am consistent with working out when I'm not running - but I am having no benefit.

All that said - any suggestions? I hate that I'm back in the bigger clothes. I prefer to not eat a lot of meat if possible - and I'm just a bit lost here. I'm trying to NOT run back to the shakes - so I guess BFL? Can I do it without adding lots of meat/dairy? Anyone ever been in a similar situation and get out of it? What worked?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

• Kelly - I think you will love this program.  I'm 35 and I've been a runner my whole life and ate very little meat also, but I sabotaged myself with lo-cal diets or eating infrequently ( and then overeating because I was starving) and this has been amazing for me.  I eat fish (tilapia is my fave) often as well as tuna.  I also eat chicken, but do not eat any red meat and I've had great results on this program.  The consistency of the weights has changed my body incredibly.   Read the book, look at the success stories and know that this will rev up your metabolism like no other plan.  Everyone on this board will help you through!  I'm on Week 11 of my first cycle btw and sorry that it is about to end.

runninggrl :)

• Kelly, you can do this with no meat at all if you want.  Find the protein source that you enjoy and use that instead.  I would look closely at how you prepare the food that you do eat because if you have regained the weight you are either preparing it with unhealthy ingredients or just eating portions that are too large and/or not getting enough exercise.

As runninggrl said, read the book, follow it with discipline and honesty and you will see good results.

I'm also on week 11 of my first challenge and have amazed myself with results that have come with eating well and not missing any workouts.

My best wishes for health, happiness and discipline to you.

C1W11D3 Start weight 221, current weight 192.  29 lbs lost.

• Hi, Kelly,

My name is also Kelly and like you I have tried many diet programs.  The latest has been Jenny Craig.  After discontinuing the program, my weight has slowly been creeping up.  Also, like you, I am lactose intolerant.  I will begin BFL on Monday, May 31.  By the way, Stonyfield makes an organic lactose-free milk that I really like.