Daily Food Log Group

• I started a Food Loggers group over at Transformation.com but thought it would be nice to have one here as well.  I normally write my food down during the day and then post it in the evening.

Here is my food log for yesterday...

8:30am

1 Cup Fiber One with 1/2 Cup skim milk, 1 scoop Muscle Milk protein powder mixed in water, 25 oz water, 2 CLA, vitamin

11:00am

1/2 Cup LF cottage cheese, green peas, 1 apple, 25 oz water

1:30pm

1 Cup lentils soup (from Emily Alvers blog) made with extra carrots and celery, 1 scoop Muscle Milk protein powder mixed w/water, 25 oz water

4:15pm

1 scoop Muscle Milk protein powder mixed w/water, 1/3 Cup oatmeal cooked in water, 2 CLA

5:45pm

LBWO

7:15pm

BBQ chicken, broccoli, small bowl Fiber One

9:15pm

1/2 Cup cottage cheese seasoned with garlic & herb Mrs. Dash and mixed with green peas. Large glass of water

Felt great all day, never hungry, no cravings, lots of energy!!

~Aly

• Great job, Aly!! Looks like you are on the right track...now keep that focus for next week! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• 8:15am

1 Cup Fiber One with 1/2 Cup skim milk

Muscle Milk

vitamin

CLA

10:45am

25 oz water

1/2 C cottage cheese

1/3 Cup plain oats

12:45pm

25 oz water

chicken

broccoli

1 Cup black beans

1 TB salsa

3:45pm

25 oz water

Muscle Milk

1/3 Cup plain oats

2 CLA

6:00pm

1 hour spin class

7:30pm

25 oz water

1/2 Cup cottage cheese

green peas

3/4 Cup pinto beans

All mixed together, YUM!

10:15pm

pear

Muscle Milk

2 CLA

~Aly

• That post appeared different than I typed it...sorry for all of the spaces  :(

~Aly

• Aly ~ Clean, but are you fueling your body completely? You look a little slim on whole foods. IMHO

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Renee, what do you mean by 'whole foods'? Also, I thought Muscle Milk had too much fat in it, tho perhaps I am thinking of the RTD. I am looking for a protein powder that is good for lactose intolerance.

Thanks!

• Whole foods meaning more chicken, turkey, etc. Full, balanced, nutritious meals. EX: Chicken ***, yam and broccoli.

There are several different types of Muscle Milks on the market. Some of them have really good counts. You do have to be careful which one you choose.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Thanks for the tip Renee on the whole foods.  I am short on a few things and need to go grocery shopping, I have also been trying not to eat so much meat, so I have been using more cottage cheese and Muscle Milk.  I was thinking cottage cheese was one of the good sources of protein?

Confidence, the Muscle Milk that I use comes in the form of powder and I mix it with water.  It has 130 cal, 26g protein, 2g fat, 1g sugar, 3 carbs, 1g fiber per serving.  I buy it at Costco, I reall like the way it makes me feel.  Some of the RTD's from Muscle Milk are high in fat and sugar, I was glad to find this one, as it is cost effective as well :0).  

~Aly

• P.S.  I really appreciate your input--that's why I post it  :0).

~Aly

• Silly Q... What is CLA and benefits of taking it???

• Chip, If you go to the Library I believe there are frequently asked questions there...I saw it somewhere yesterday...Anyway there is a specific ? on there about CLA and it should help you out! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Chip,  I googled it and found the following info...

www.supplement-analysis.com/index.php

Hope that helps!

~Aly

• Thanks ladies..

I'll check the site Library, and of course Google is our friend.. DUH... I should of just done that.

Sorry..

• No worries Chip!  We are all here to ask and receive answers, I only sent you the link because I thought that it would better explain it than me.

~Aly